The Best Franchises are Coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 This Spring (March – June)
Whether you enjoy hitting the race track in a gorgeous supercar, bending time to your will, or venturing deep into apocalyptic worlds, Xbox is delivering an amazing lineup of games this spring and beyond:
- Dark Souls III – Attendees enjoyed hands-on with new content from the third entry in the acclaimed Dark Souls series at the Xbox Spring Showcase. Launching Apr. 12 on Xbox One,Dark Souls III takes players through an apocalyptic, dark journey to unfold the secrets of the unique universe created by Hidetaka Miyazaki, FromSoftware and BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment.
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex – Arriving in the Windows Store this spring, Forza Motorsport 6: Apexis a free, curated standalone experience for Windows 10 that provides fans with a diverse tour of what Forza Motorsport 6 has to offer, including trademark innovations iconic to theForza franchise, such as Drivatar™ opponents and Forzavista™ cars, as well as new ways to play and compete. The experience also takes advantage of DirectX 12, delivering breathtaking visuals at up to 4K resolution, and was playable for the first time at the Xbox Spring Showcase on an Intel Unleashed Custom.
- Forza Motorsport 6 (Porsche Expansion Pack) – Available today, the Porsche Expansion Pack for Forza Motorsport 6 on Xbox One spans Porsche’s 60-year history, giving players the chance to race and master 21 Porsche models, including nine new to Xbox One, in an all-new eight-hour Career campaign. The Porsche Expansion also features the debut of the Virginia International Raceway track, in both night and wet conditions.
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 – Available in the Windows Store starting today, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is playable for the first time on Windows 10, and was shown on Alienware Area 51 and iBUYPOWER Revolt 2 at the Xbox Spring Showcase. Remade from the ground-up, the game features amazing 4k resolution built with DirectX 12, unlimited refresh rates and controller and mouse and keyboard controls.
- ID@Xbox – ID@Xbox showcased two marquee titles:
- Killer Instinct: Season 3 – Microsoft Studios and Iron Galaxy announced that eight new fighters are joining the arena in Killer Instinct: Season 3, available March 29 on both Xbox One and Windows 10. The team provided hands-on with the first four characters available on launch day – Kim Wu, Tusk, The Arbiter from the Halo franchise, and Rash from Battletoads – on Xbox One and an MSI Nightblade X2 Windows 10 PC.
- Minecraft with Oculus Rift support – Microsoft and Mojang are teaming up with Oculus to provide the first-ever demos of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition with Oculus Rift support, shown at the Xbox Spring Showcase on Cyberpower Black Crow and Acer Predator G6. You can playMinecraft: Windows 10 Edition in Creative or Survival mode in full 3D while using the familiar Xbox One controller that ships with every Rift sold. Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition with Oculus Rift support will be available through the Windows Store and Oculus Store this spring.
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition – Microsoft Studios highlighted additional content for Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition, demoed at the Xbox Spring Showcase on Xbox One. The Definitive Edition enhances the award-winning original game release with new content, including new areas, abilities, more story sequences, multiple difficulty modes, fast travel between areas, and more. Available March 11 on both Xbox One and Windows 10.
- Quantum Break – Remedy Entertainment debuted the DirectX 12-powered Windows 10 version of Quantum Break at the Xbox Spring Showcase, offering hands-on demos running on an Nvidia Z97 Carbide, Asus ROG G11 Series, and Acer Predator G6. Anyone who pre-orders the Xbox One digital version through the Xbox Store, purchases an Xbox One digital token at participating retailers, or pre-orders an Xbox One Special EditionQuantum Break bundle, will receive the Windows 10 version of the game for free, downloadable from the Windows Store via redemption code when Quantum Break launches on Xbox One and Windows 10 on April 5.
- Tom Clancy’s The Division – Ubisoft treated attendees to in depth hands on time with the open beta content for Tom Clancy’s The Division, an immersive online open-world action role-playing game. Launching March 8 on Xbox One, players will team up with other Division agents to reclaim New York City from the chaos of a deadly pandemic.