If you are one of those that can’t wait to use things when everyone else has them, then Windows Insider Program is for you. It gives you early access to Windows 10 builds which mostly contain new features and a few other things (bugs if you don’t mind them).
What you can do with the Insider Program according to Microsoft.
|Help shape the future of Windows|
Be a part of the ongoing process of improving the features and functionality of Windows.
|Build great apps|
Download a preview build of the latest Windows SDK and Emulator, and explore what’s new in building universal apps for Windows.
|Be a part of the community|
Connect with people who are as into technology as you are. Join the forums, swap advice, and learn about upcoming Insider-only events.
|Build great hardware|
Get preview builds of the hardware development kits and start creating universal drivers for Windows.
|Get early access to releases|
Download the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview and get ready for the coming PC builds.
|Build great devices|
Install Windows IoT Core Insider Preview on supported IoT development boards and build amazing connected solutions using the Universal Windows Platform.
Step 1: Make sure you understand the potential risks involved in having pre-release builds on your computer and always backup your PC.
- Click on the Windows button on your laptop
- Click on Settings, which is just above Power and you get the settings screen
- Click on Update & Security
- Select Advanced Options at the bottom of the screen
- Click on Get Started. You will need a microsoft account at this stage (Hotmail, live, xbox, outlook etc)
- This part is important and you have to make sure you fully understand the risk before continuing, it’s advisable not to install such previews on computers you rely heavily on, and always make backups.
- Click on Next to continue and follow the screen instructions.