Intel announced the launch of Intel Core i7 processor Extreme Edition family of processors at Computex yesterday in Taiwan, and they are available at online retailers worldwide.
Intel’s first 10-core processor for desktop PCs is the ultimate tool for delivering unrivaled performance and is our most powerful desktop processor ever. Whether you’re gaming, exploring virtual reality, or creating fabulous content, the Intel® Corei7 processor Extreme Edition gives you the computing power you need to do it beautifully.
Intel Core i7 processor Extreme Edition opens up new levels of performance and capability enthusiasts never thought possible. Forty PCIe lanes connected directly into the CPU allow for system expansion with fast SSDs, up to four discrete GFX cards and ultra-fast Thunderbolt 3.0 technology.
Massive Intel Smart Cache of up to 25MB and quad-channel memory improves responsiveness and decreases startup time when working with large files and applications. The new Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 steers applications to the highest-performing core, improving single-threaded performance by up to 15 percent.
The Intel Core i7-69xx/68xx processor family is also unlocked, an important feature for enthusiasts who want the extra headroom and tools to push their system to the limit.
With this revolution in performance and flexibility, Intel’s first ever 10-core desktop consumer processor delivers the cores and threads to handle the mega-tasking workloads of today’s gamers and creators.
• 10-, 8- or 6-core options
• New! Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
• Up to 40 PCI Express* 3.0 lanes
• 4 channel DDR4-2400 memory support
• Fully unlocked for performance tuning
• Up to 25 MB Intel® Smart Cache
• Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
• Supports LGA 2011-v3 socket
• Intel® Ready Mode Technology
• Intel® X99 Chipset compatibility
- Systems and boxed processors are available at launch via online retail and through channel
partners in all geographies.