At Hannover Messe 2016, Intel and its ecosystem partners will showcase new solutions that will help accelerate the transformation of Internet of Things (IoT) in driving a new industrial revolution and help manufacturers realize the value of IoT for a smart future, and also transforming the factory floor by making better use of computing power and data to increase efficiency across assets, operations and the workforce.
|Event:||Multiple edge-to-cloud IoT, Industry 4.0 solutions and demos|
|Date:||April 25-29, 2016|
|Location:||Intel Booth, Hannover Exhibition Grounds, Hall 8, Booth F09, Hannover, Germany|
Intel Demo Overview
- Predictive Maintenance via Vibration Analytics
Avoid unplanned downtime—vibration data to the cloud via an Intel IoT gateway is analyzed by machine learning algorithms to help predict machine failure.
- Functional Safety in Industrial Systems
Prevent physical injury or damage in manufacturing systems with a robotic arm controlled through a virtual machine with safety monitoring software running Wind River VxWorks*.
- Software-Defined Industrial Systems Automation by Wind River
Making better use of equipment virtualizing plant control systems results in less physical hardware and allows factories to perform maintenance and upgrades while scaling existing equipment.
- Smarter Factories
Smarter factories reference design features three coordinated Altera* Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) operating a delta-robot, RFID reader and a conveyer, connecting to an Intel-based SCADA HMI and the cloud.
Additional Intel Booth Partner Demos
- Accenture* – Connected Asset Management, a Digital Oil Field
- ADLINK/IBM* – Self-contained Machine Condition Monitoring for Failure Prediction
- DAQRI* – Industrial wearable, Smart Helmet
- Dell* – SAP Smart Factory: IoT Connected Solutions and “Shop Floor in a Box”
- General Electric* – Predix Platform-as-Service for the Industrial Internet
- SAS* – Smart Building Analytics – an IoT platform for DR/EE