Xbox team today published some of the astonishing records that were broken and achieved at #E32016. Read more below
- The Xbox E3 2016 Briefing was viewed over 6.6M times, an increase of 78% over last year and our most viewed live event to date.
- During the week of E3, videos shared on the Xbox YouTube channel were viewed over 27M times, a massive increase of 184% over E3 2015.
- Xbox received hundreds of E3 award nominations and wins from global outlets including IGN, Game Informer, Toronto Sun (CA), USA Today, Atomix (MX) and Polygon.
- In excess of 340,000 unique, customized controllers were created and saved in the all-new Xbox Design Lab.
- The “Friendly Update” for Minecraft that delivered Minecraft Realms to mobile and Windows 10 devices, has seen over 4M people play together across Minecraft: Pocket Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition via Xbox Live.
- Over 4M friendships were forged and 90M hours of multiplayer were played on Xbox Live during the week of E3 – that’s more friends than the whole population of Panama and over 10,000 years of consecutive gaming.
- The response to the Halo Wars 2 Beta exceeded expectations with over 1M matches played, totaling more than 2M gameplay hours. The data and feedback gathered will play a crucial role in the development of the game, ensuring Halo Wars 2 is the RTS for everyone when it launches on Feb. 21, 2017.
- In excess of 2M fans engaged with the newly launched Xbox Snapchat channel, checking out exclusive updates from the show floor and behind-the-scenes demos.
- On Twitter, #XboxE3 was tweeted over 400K times throughout the course of E3, trended as the #1 topic worldwide for over an hour and a half, and was the most tweeted of any Xbox hashtag.
Starting at the new base price of $299 USD, Xbox One S is the smallest and most compact Xbox ever. The 40 percent smaller console has an internal power supply and supports 4K Ultra HD for Blu-ray movies and content streamed from partners like Netflix and Amazon Video. High Dynamic Range (HDR) support for video and gaming delivers richer, more luminous colors in games like “Gears of War 4.” The Xbox One S is available for pre-order now and will be in stores beginning in August.
Pre-orders for the limited launch edition 2TB Xbox One S are off to an amazing start and it’s not just fans who are excited by the Xbox One S, our retail partners are just as enthusiastic.
“With all the new innovation we’ve seen and experienced with Microsoft’s new Xbox One S console, we anticipate this creating excitement among our customers,” said Bob Puzon, senior vice president of Merchandising for GameStop. “The new sleek design and the ability to watch Blu-Ray movies and stream video in 4K Ultra HD with HDR is sure to make the new Xbox One console one of our most sought after products when it launches later this year.”
New Xbox Live features
Starting this summer, Xbox One and the Xbox app will receive the first of two updates that will help you stay connected with friends on Xbox Live and enjoy even more games across your favorite devices. Cortana will come to Xbox One; we will start to unify the Xbox and Windows Stores; we will begin to introduce your top PC games with Game Hubs to Xbox Live; we will enable Language Region Independence to give gamers the freedom to choose any supported language on Xbox One, regardless of their location; we will enable background music playback, and more. These updates are crucial to giving our fans around the world a great gaming experience wherever and whatever they play. See some of these new features in action in this video from Xbox Daily: LIVE @ E3. And coming later this year, Clubs, Looking for Group and Arena on Xbox Live will unite gamers together across different devices, and make competitive gaming more accessible and fun for all.